Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Daughter Helped Me Get Dressed

So I have an eye infection again, and I threw out my mascara and eye liner.  I won't be wearing eye makeup for several days while I'm on antibiotics.  When I shuffled into the kitchen this morning for coffee, my daughter was already dressed in a red cotton dress with white dragonflies on it, and she had a truly enormous fuchsia ribbon she wanted me to tie in her hair.
"Come on, Momma!" she said.  "I'll help you pick out a dress to wear!"  We ended up with this warm-weather pick from Jessica Simpson because it's short enough that it won't be restrictive when we play soccer later.  And, "I want you to be alllll red today."  I'm wearing red rose earrings and a giant red felt poppy in my hair.
They think I'm beautiful.  I'm grateful for completely unaffected reminders that who you are on the inside "will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely."*

Dress: Jessica Simpson via Poshmark
Red rose earrings: Walmart
Red felt poppy hair clip: Etsy
Brown sandals: Naturalizer via Poshmark
Tortoise shell sunglasses: Target

*Roald Dahl, some liberties taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you like.