Friday, June 24, 2016

The Field Guide

I've featured this dress several times already, and it was the perfect dress again today - from a meeting in the morning to errands in the afternoon, to working at home this evening.

I've decided to start featuring an interesting book on "repeat" days, and I'll begin with the Field Guide from The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black.

This series is perfect for ages ~6-10, and Favorite Boy Munchkin and I read it last year.  The main characters find Uncle Arthur's Field Guide right at the beginning, discover the existence of fairies, and the adventures careen ahead full throttle!  The field guide (THE Field Guide) is a real treasure, full of exquisite illustrations and series-consistent guides to elves, mermaids, nixies, kelpies, and more.  Below, I have the page open to unicorns.

 


These earrings are my favorite neutral studs to wear in place of classic pearl earrings - I love the raw, unfinished look of the crystal, and the hammered gold, imperfect edge.

Blue embroidered dress: Lil for Anthropologie via Poshmark
White and gold studs: Modcloth
Book: Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Book One.  I love the little hardcover versions the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you like.