Friday, June 17, 2016

Graduated Purple

Here I cleverly pair an ombre purple silk dress with an ombre purple necklace for graduation.

I bought this DKNY dress pre-owned for a steal (I just looked - it was $8), but I think someone had probably taken it to the dry cleaners because the pleats around the waist were completely relaxed, and it looked awful in that one part but perfect everywhere else.
I carefully pinned in pleats, and ironed them in with vinegar-water sprayed on a press cloth.  As per legitimate-looking recommendations on the internet.  And it worked!

In other news, Favorite Girl Munchkin got her first pair of glasses yesterday.  Pink, of course.  As seen below, I'll have to work a little bit on glare for photos.
 But oh, my darling.
Purple ombre silk dress: DKNY via Poshmark
Purple ombre ribbon-tie necklace: Loft via Poshmark
Nude heels: Aerosoles
Crystal studs: old
Girl Munchkin's flower headband is from Walmart, and her glasses are from Lenscrafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you like.