Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Green Dresses

My favorite!  From Modcloth.  It's a little expensive for me, though, at the moment.  I'll keep an eye on it and maybe it will go on sale eventually.


What do I love about it?  It's the perfect color of green - a dark jade that's not too olive-toned.  It's vintage-y but not costume-y.  The length is professional, so I could wear it to work.
Here's one from Target which is also a wonderful dark green.  I like the cut a little less, but it's also less expensive, and the length is appropriate as well.  Also, I'm not sure about the beads on the top.

Another one from Target with a nice shape and interesting lace detail at the straps.  I like this cool-toned lighter jade a lot, too.

Anthropologie "painted" plaid dress, with every green.  Nice length, and very likely to be well-made.  It's also the least expensive option since it's pre-owned (from Poshmark.)  I actually already have a jacket like the one Zooey Deschanel is wearing in the image.

To wear with:
Fur collar with ribbon (just the collar, not the sweater): Exhibit A.

Red-toned fur collar with pink ribbon: Exhibit B.  I do think the red (faux - both of these are actually faux fur) fur would be lovely with the darker green, and the pink ribbon would coordinate, too.

And the general idea would be... vintage inspired.  Here's the best picture I found, of an actual vintage dress from ebay in the UK.

Wait, I found another awesome picture, from Jessica at jeansandateacup.com.  Her brilliant look is almost exactly what I'm craving now - the dress (hers is from Macy's, by the way) is simple enough  to carry off a smart fur collar with a statement ribbon.  Click the link for a close-up of the full-on glam jewelry she's wearing.

Finally, just for fun, here's a cool blog I came across while looking for additional pictures of the anthro dress - thatdamngreendress.blogspot.com.  What a great name.  The link will take you to the post from 2011 where she reviews that very dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment if you like.